Sunday, October 15, 2006

MJ Hibbett - The Peterborough All-Saints Wide Game Team (group B)



He's one of the nicest guys I've ever met, and the other day I was driving home from work, and I saw him wandering down the street in town, I almost shouted out of my car "Oi! Hibbett", but then I rememebred I don't really know him that well, and it could be a little scary.

Anyhoo, we got him to come through and record this song. And it was brilliant.

Check out his website over at http://mjhibbett.com/
and if you like his stuff, buy a CD from Amazon

The video's a little dark, it looked okay on the screen on the back of the camera, but in real life, mmh. And I wasn't sure about having him sat down, cos usually he starts up to play gigs, I was pre-occupied with getting the camera propped against the wall securely.

I love this song, I remember back int he day hurtling round Worsley Woods with the 1st Worsley Scout Troup playing wide games, inevitably me and my mate Binny would get beaten up by the older scouts, like Kevin McGlin and Jimbo, and by the time we'd grown up enough to be older scouts ourselves, health and safety had put a stop to wide games.

Pop Fact: The 10,000th Last Night From Glasgow viewer was my old Scout Leader's son